If you enjoy a glass of wine with your dinner, you know that aerating the wine can make a big difference in taste. Decanting wine can be a tedious process, however, and may not be practical if you're entertaining a large group. The Aervana Select wine aerator is a great solution to this problem.
This electric wine pourer aerates your wine as you pour it, so you can enjoy the full flavor of your wine without having to decant it first. That will save you time while adding more joy to your wine-drinking experience.
Who Is The Aervana Select Good For
The Aervana Select wine aerator is an excellent tool for amateur and experienced wine drinkers. If you're new to wine, this aerator can help you get the most out of your wine. If you're an experienced wine drinker, you'll appreciate the convenience of aerating your wine without decanting it.
The Aervana Select wine aerator is a bit more expensive than a traditional wine pourer, but it's a worthwhile investment if you enjoy drinking wine. This aerator is a great way to get the most out of your wine and a great addition to any home bar.
Click here to purchase an Aervana Select
Features Of The Aervana Select
Here are a few features of the Aervana Select that make it worth owning.
- Aervana's patented aeration system infuses your wine with oxygen as you pour, allowing you to enjoy the full flavor of your wine.
- The Aervana Select is easy to use, and it comes with a detachable base that makes it easy to clean.
- This electric wine pourer is rechargeable, so you can use it over and over again.
- The Aervana Select comes with a one-year warranty.
Why Should You Aerate Wine
- There are some good reasons to aerate your wine. Here is a list of five reasons to aerate red wine.
- Aerating red wine allows the tannins to soften, making the wine more smooth and more enjoyable.
- Aerating red wine opens up the flavor, allowing you to enjoy all of the nuances of the flavor profile.
- Aerating red wine can help to reduce the astringency of the wine, making it more enjoyable to drink.
- Aerating red wine can help to bring out the fruitiness of the wine, making it more enjoyable to drink.
- Aerating red wine can help to improve the overall balance of the wine, making it a more pleasant drinking experience.
These are the wine varietals that usually need to be aerated.
- Young wines with high tannin levels
- Wines that are high in acidity
- Heavy red wines
- Full-bodied white wines
If you're not sure if a wine needs to be aerated, a good rule of thumb is to aerate any red wine that you would normally pair with food.
How We Tested The Aervana
We decided to put the Aervana to the test. We opened a bottle of 2012 Ecole Merlot from the Colombia Valley in Washington State. This is one of our favorite Merlots, but it can take a while for it to open up. We were hoping the Aervana would allow us to enjoy the full flavor of this wine without our usual wait.
We poured a control glass with no aeration. Then we poured glasses with the Aervana Select positioned halfway and then all the way. This is what we found.
The control glass had a much harsher flavor than the other two glasses. The wine was still a bit closed off, and we could taste the tannins more than usual.
The Aervana-aerated wine at halfway infusion was noticeably different. The flavors were more open, and the tannins were softened. The wine was more enjoyable to drink.
The Aervana-aerated wine at full infusion was even better. The flavors were more open, and the tannins were completely softened. The wine was incredibly smooth and easy to drink. We didn't even have to wait for it to open up; it was ready to drink immediately.
Why Should You Choose The Aervana Select
The Aervana Select is different than most wine aerators because you can adjust the amount of aeration. This means you can get the perfect level of aeration for your wine, depending on your preferences. If you like a softer, more approachable wine, you can use less aeration. If you like a more full-flavored wine, you can use more aeration.
You can find the Aervana Select wine aerator online and in some stores.
Click here to learn more